I’ve known Tom DeNucci for a long time. It was great to finally get him on Coffee with Creatives, and he does not disappoint in this latest episode of the podcast.
If I took one thing away from our talk, it’s…the power of action. No matter what you’re trying to do as a creative, if you keep moving forward, with a parallel focus on learning through experience (and from mistakes) — you’ll grow. And results will come.
Other topics that come up in my talk with Tom include:
- His involvement (and appearance) in the Martin Scorcese produced film Bleed for This
- Starting as a background actor, and watching everything everyone does on set
- The crucial importance of attention to detail
- Digging in as a regional filmmaker, in spite of stereotypes and challenges
- Getting your movies (or creations) seen
- The benefits of keeping up a rotation of projects and goals.
You can find Tom on Twitter. Bleed for This is currently in theaters.