As one half of Big Vision Empty Wallet and Big Vision Creative, Alex Cirillo has worked on numerous projects in film and TV. Along the way, she’s gained a ton of useful knowledge that’s sure to be of interest to the budding, stuck or striving creative.
In this latest episode of Coffee with Creatives, I sat down with Alex and discussed:
- Getting a head start in film by studying it in high school, and how the early support of a teacher helped Alex realize she might be on the right path
- Building a network by working different gigs and internships
- The importance of relationships to growth and success
- The benefits of being a small team, and reasons for intentionally staying that way
- Finding a way to make things work
- Approaching film and TV as a media for both social change and vagina jokes
- The most common mistake filmmakers make in pitching their projects
Stick around to the end to hear Alex’s one piece of advice for how to leap forward in your project or career. It’s simple, actionable and effective. Enjoy.