I met Mike O’Malley in a bar. I was having a Sunday afternoon pint, he was working his sweet musical magic. I liked that magic so much, that after putting some bread in his jar (always put bread in the jar when you like the music!) I decided right then and there to try to write him into The Videoblogs.
He agreed to the proposal, I became a fan, and recently I asked him to come on the show to talk music, songwriting, and:
- The virtue of impatience, in the learning process
- How awful men can be (combatting “bad masculinity”)
- Getting attention on your terms
- The taste of that first free burger, given in trade before a gig
- Touring with six dudes in a sweaty van, or six sweaty dudes in a van
- How anger can become a way of avoiding conflict (and growth)
- Attending the craft (do the boring stuff)
Check out Mike’s music here. Look out for his upcoming Indiegogo campaign.