Randy Wilkins fell into filmmaking after injuries derailed dreams of playing major league baseball. In this Coffee with Creatives episode, he and I discuss the details of that journey, as well as:
- His work for/with Spike Lee, and how that has been a film school in itself
- Juggling freelance gigs with personal creative work
- Approaching movie-making as a magical, mysterious thing
- The impact one or two people can have on your entire life
- How filmmaking is like baseball
- What to do when people ask for more (hint: give it to them)
- Digging deep into a niche (how and why)
Like many guests on the show so far, I’ve been online friends with Randy for a while now, and it was great to hang out with him in person and talk shop for a while.
This episode is also on iTunes.
Like my style? Subscribe to my list for advanced/exclusive (and free!) access to new (creative) content produced by yours truly. I send one email per month.