I’m running an experimental episode of Coffee with Creatives this week, which will take the form of an informal Q&A on topics related to creative productivity. There’s a frequent and understandable overlap between this overarching topic (which acts as the backbone of the show) and filmmaking and writing (my vocations) — so I’ll answer some questions about these subjects as well.
We’ll see how the episode goes. If it does well enough, and/or there seems to be a demand for an occasional Q&A segment, I’ll build it into future plans.
So, please send any questions I might be able to answer. If you have any questions you aren’t sure I can answer, ask anyway. I’ll try to source them out for you, whether by reaching out to previous guests, tapping my network, or going hunting.
Please send your questions by 10PM on Thursday, 9/17.
Questions for Next Episode of Coffee with Creatives
- What’s the right length for a short film script? What genre should it be?
- Does the creative mind ever stop and rest?
- When writing a story, what would be your advice on how to show a trait or theme, as opposed to explaining the same to the audience?
- How do you know when you’re being hypercritical or when you’re just not into a story anymore?
- How do you get past the self-criticism phase of writing?
Like my style? Subscribe to my list for advanced/exclusive (and free!) access to new (creative) content produced by yours truly. I send one email per month.